West Dorset, Weymouth and Portland Local Plan update
Main modifications have now been published for consultation - closing date is 8 April
Key changes being proposed by the two councils at this stage include:
- Housing target now set at 775 dwellings a year over the plan area (no new sites added).
- Review of the plan set to be no later than 2021, which will need to consider sites beyond the end of the plan period (2031)
- Minimum space standards to be agreed through future consultation
- A Sustainable Design and Construction Statement requirement to deal with achieving high levels of environmental performance, instead of Code for Sustainable Homes standards
- Affordable housing thresholds changed in line with Government’s latest guidance, exempting small sites from having to provide any affordable housing.
- Clearer guidance on the ability to extend homes in the countryside, introducing a 40% ‘cap’ for extensions (based on the original building), and a 10% ‘cap’ on increase in size through a replacement dwelling.
- The policy supporting farm diversification schemes has been broadened to apply to all land-based rural businesses (not just farms)
For more information included tracked changes versions of the amended plan click on this link